The SUTD Gap funding provides and enables SUTD technology one step closer to market and help accelerate toward commercialization. The total fund of $50,000 awarded must be used to develop the IP into a working prototype, product development, and/or perform market studies. This is a competitive grant in which proposals are evaluated based on technical, commercial feasibility, and the capability of the team by a panel of reviewers. An option for equity will be implemented to the receiver of the award.
- SUTD IP must form the core of the business
- The project applied must not been registered or incorporated
- Team must apply for National Lean Launchpad Program in parallel with GAP Funding
- Team must complete National Lean LaunchPad Programme
- Submit a completed project proposals, pitch deck, team CV, and Technology Disclosure form to email@example.com
- Download the Project proposals template HERE
- An email confirmation will be sent to notified proposals has been received
- Upon submission, VIE will assess the project eligibility. Shortlisted startups will be invited to submit their pitch deck and to be evaluated by a panel based on its technical feasibility and commercialization potential.
including but not limited to:
- Commercialization Potential
How large is the market and how fast is it growing?
Does the project have a clear market development roadmap?
Does the business have potential to be scalable?
- Technical Innovation
How different is the technology compared to what available in the market?
Does the project have a clear technology development roadmap?
- Capability of the Management Team
Technical Capabilities of development team
What relevant skills do the team members possess?
What roles will the current team members play?
Rules & Regulations
- Funds will be disbursed through reimbursement basis
- Awarded teams will be invited to sign a Term of Acceptance
- Only SUTD IP eligible to apply for SUTD Gap funding
- VIE reserves the right to make any changes on any guidelines and submission templates.