SUPERCHARGING TECH RESEARCH COMMERCIALISATION PROGRAMME
Are you interested in making real-world impact with cutting-edge technologies? Then, wait no further! Join us in a 7-week programme designed to accelerate research and innovation commercialisation.
During ARISE you will have the opportunity to bring SUTD technology to venture creation. You will get to develop business strategies, operation plans, financial projections, and pitching strategies – so that your product/services will be customer & investor-ready!
In 2022, the C4G social entrepreneurship initiative shall be solely coordinated by SUTD. Interested teams are encouraged to identify problem statements to address social and economic inequalities amongst the vulnerable groups in Singapore.
Shortlisted teams will be provided incubation support from SUTD along with curated workshops and relevant industry domain experts to be their mentors. They will finally present their ideas to an evaluating panel comprising of representatives from the family of the late Mr. Kwek Leng Joo.
Selected teams will receive funding of $50,000 each.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
Who can apply?
Minimum 3 and a maximum of 5 members in each team, with the majority being SUTD affiliated.
ARISE - ACCELERATED RESEARCH COMMERCIALISATION & INNOVATION
How to apply
STEP 1: Invitation for proposals
Your proposal must include the following:
- Problem Statement to tackle
- Proposed Partner Organization
- Preliminary Market Analysis
- Preliminary Ideation / Customer Discovery summary (200 words or less)
You can either submit your application in teams or individual:
- Team application:
- Team Lead
- Title and Education background of applicants
- Team Biography (50 words)
- Resume for each member (2-page)
- Declaration of any existing funding status of proposed solution
- Individual application:
- Technical/Non-technical background
- The problem statement they wish to work on.
- Proposed idea
- Biography (up to 300 words)
- Resume (2-page)
STEP 2: Shortlisting
Shortlisted teams will be notified via email with further instructions.
- The 1st wave of shortlisted teams will be notified around mid – December 2021 (Early bird advantage – Access to domain expert mentors to help on their problem statements).
- The shortlisted team from the 2nd wave of proposals will be announced around mid – January 2022.
Selection criteria and team composition:
- Minimum 2 pax, Maximum 5 pax
- Majority members are SUTD students/alumni
- Have not incorporated an enterprise in prior experience
- Teams who received more than S$50K grant or funding are not eligible to participate