What is it about?
A total fund of up to $250,000 will be awarded which must be used to develop the IP into a working prototype, for product development, and/or perform market studies. This is a competitive grant in which proposals are evaluated based on technical, commercial feasibility, and the capability of the team by a review panel. An option for equity will be implemented to the receiver of the award.
Selected start-ups will receive dedicated mentorships, co-working space, and a regular 1 on 1 meeting with the Centre Director as part of the mentoring to meet project milestones.
Including but not limited to
- How large is the market and how fast is it growing?
- Does the project have a clear market development roadmap?
- Does the business have potential to be scalable?
- How different is the technology compared to what available in the market?
- Does the project have a clear technology development roadmap?
Capability of the Management Team
- Technical Capabilities of development team
- What relevant skills do the team members possess?
- What roles will the current team members play?
Rules & Regulations
Funds will be disbursed through
Awarded teams will be invited to sign a Term of Acceptance
Only SUTD IPs are eligible to apply for SUTD Gap funding
SUTD VIE reserves the right to make any changes on any guidelines and submission templates
Submit your completed project proposal, team CV, and Technology Disclosure form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
An email confirmation will be sent to notify that your proposal has been received. If you did not receive any confirmation email, please check in directly with email@example.com.
Upon submission, VIE will assess the project eligibility. Shortlisted start-ups will be invited to submit their pitch deck and to be evaluated by a panel based on its technical feasibility and commercialization potential. Successful applicants will be directly contacted by VIE via call or email.